Email is a marketing strategy that has stood the test of time because it delivers results. For busy sales and marketing teams, email is efficient way to communicate, helping you continue the conversation with website visitors, event participants, and customers.
1. Myth: No one reads email.
Fact: Email works, especially for business-to-business marketing. According to HubSpot, 86% of business professionals prefer email for business communications.
2. Myth: Email isn’t effective.
Fact: Email is an important way to continue the conversation with customers and prospects. Surveys show for every dollar invested in email marketing companies earn $38-44 in return.
3. Myth: It’s ok to send the same email to everyone.
Fact: You can improve your email open, response rate, and relevance by customizing the message. Start by segmenting customers and prospects and make unique offers to each.
4. Myth: Getting email permission is difficult.
Fact: Here are two easy ways to boost your email list:
· Start by adding an email subscription pop-up on your website.
· Ask for email address and permission as part of your contact and sales process.
If you’re thinking about ways to improve your email communications, consider automation. By setting up a pre-defined email series to an audience like “recent purchasers” you can improve consistency in your follow-up and increase visibility and sales.